more red tape nonsense..

Posted by Fruitarian Mango | 18.6.09

Mid winter here.. daytime temps have been averaging between 13 and 16 degrees these past few days.

I'm still alone here while Kveta is on her hols.. She's just returned from 2 weeks in Turkey with her mother, and is back in the Czech Republic again.. I spoke with her on the phone last night, she had a reasonable time, although the sea was dirty where they were, and a little too choppy. Fruit choice was good enough though, but I think she's decided to go either to Italy or Greece next time, as overall it wasn't exactly what they had hoped.


View from a hill on Phuket Island, Thailand - 2004

About a week ago, I emailed Anne in Queensland, and ask her some questions about this whole immigration thing (she's from more or less the same part of England as I am, and is about 2 and half years ahead of me, in terms of being here in Australia and dealing with all the bureaucratic nonsense.. - She's already got her full residency, and is even eligible for her citizenship already).

Anyhow, she put my mind at rest a little about this whole procedure, explaining that things basically seemed to be running well.. And then 3 days ago, I got another fat envelope from immigration, with a list of 5 more things that I need to get done.. I felt nauseous flicking through it all.. I'm not sure why I get so stressed when faced with this paperwork.. Perhaps it's because there's this nagging fear that my application might be refused.


View from the top of the small mountain above tiger cave monastery.
Near Krabi, Thailand - 2004

Talking with Kveta helped me relax some, with her reassuring me that it was basically our destiny to be together in tropical Australia, and that her mother, the renowned Tarot Card reader of the Czech Republic (a talent that Kveta has inherited), says that the cards are all good for us. But that doesn't stop me cursing  the folly of humanity that prevents us from travelling as freely as natured and the great white spirit intended us to.

I wonder when earthlings will finally grow up and move from the dark side into the light....

2 comments
  1. Anne June 22, 2009 at 6:42 AM  

    Dear Mango ♥,
    my advice would be to try not to stress about the residency application.
    I appreciate that the red tape can be time-consuming and frustrating but the bottom line, as far as I can ascertain, is that the applicant is in a genuine relationship.
    That is the real criterion for acceptance of your application.
    I sometimes think that they create all the red-tape to discourage people whose relationships are not genuine.

    As the two of you are in a genuine relationship, you just have to get through all the red-tape and I am sure there would be no reason to not grant your permanent residency.

    Best wishes with getting your residency.
    Love and peaches,
    from Anne XX.

  2. Fruitarian Mango June 22, 2009 at 8:26 AM  

    Hi Anne,
    thanks.. i'm sure you're right, but that doesn't stop me resenting the red tape.. I'll have to practise breathing deeper, dealing with stuff as it arises, and focusing my energies calmly elsewhere..

    peace to you and yours!
    mango.