The Art of Darts and Dying

Posted by Fruitarian Mango | 10.6.08

How fortunate am I, to not be the guy in the picture below..



Though, strangely enough.. How fortunate am I to be that guy.. too..

If that's confused you, I'd better explain..

You see, that really is me, just over a week ago, I was fortunate enough to be offered a featured extra role in a 10 minute short film that's being made here in Sydney.. It's being called "The Art of Darts and Dying" and is basically a short story, taking place in the 1970s about some guy called Terry who's basically squandered his life away, playing darts, drinking beer, gambling and smoking.. Meanwhile neglecting his wife and family and getting in to large debt.

He seizes a chance to get out of trouble by agreeing to play a single game of darts against the devil. And looses.

The whole film takes place within a pub (the Hollywood Hotel in Sydney CBD).

My role, was to be a wheelchair bound, regular pub going, down and out, smoking, drinking, pokey machine addict.. So throughout pretty much most of the story, I have my face glued to the hypnotic glowing lights of the one-armed-bandit machines..

- And that's the guy I'm so so fortunate not to be..

There were some years, when I was a regular pub goer and beer drinker.. Never a smoker, but certainly taking in my fair share of passive smoke from fellow pub going regulars..

..So here I am, thanking the Divine, that I have had insight enough to see through the haze of smoke and intoxicated blood, to realise that things can be very different.

I'm sooo glad, instead, to be a clean living, nature loving, fruit juicing fruitarian.

Peace,
Mango.
PS the featured extra work was for 2 weeks only, so officially I am unemployed again.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

0 comments