Rainy day and Tord's book..

Posted by Fruitarian Mango | 17.7.09

Spoke briefly with Kveta on Wednesday (evening my time, morning her time).. I've been trying to find out how to make 100% free international calls via the internet, with varying degrees of success.. the trouble is that there are several websites that let you make free calls, but they all appear to be just one off trial calls that last between 5 and 10 minutes..

So we ended up chatting via google chat for a while instead.. that is until my internet connection broke..

She's doing ok, and will update her journal once she gets back here and has a few days to settle..

Well, today I was going to go sell some balls, but it turned out wet and rainy again, so i gave up on that idea, and been sitting at the computer all morning reading..

That is, until the postman got here, and delivered me a package from Sweden..

It was a present from a recent contact I've made on the internet, a guy named Tord Lyseving who's been a fruitarian for 25 years already, and written several books on the subject.. Mostly in Swedish, but also this most recent one in English.

I haven't started on it yet, but it's sitting next to me waiting to be read..

Strange, I thought I knew (or knew of) most of the long term fruitarians out there, and I'd never heard mention of Tord before, - this despite the books he's written, - and only discovered him serendipituously through searching around for forums in norwegian about fruitarianism..  He was the subject of a thread on a swedish forum, which I briefly allowed myself to get sucked in to.

Tord has agreed to be interviewed on my main blog, and only yesterday I sent him an interview to fill out, so I'll publish that when it gets back to me..

Great stuff! I love reading fruitarian related books, and am eager to get started on this one.. I still haven't read Anne's book, but look forward to doing so one day too..

Not sure how you can go about ordering his book(s), but I'll find out soon, and include a review of the book and where one can order a copy, on my main blog.. - once i've done reading it that is..

Hugs for everyone,
mango.

0 comments