May update.

Posted by Fruitarian Mango | 3.5.09

As always, time is flying, and life is being good to us..

Kveta and I have been for a couple of nice walks together recently, that hasn't happened enough in the past, and I'm hoping that we may make a regular thing of it..

I'm still getting out most mornings of the week, either in search of the golf balls, or to do a spot of gardening.

Kveta and I, out for a stroll along Congwong beach


Kveta will soon be leaving me for a couple of months, as her planned vacation in the Czech Republic draws closer. I'll be home alone, and just enjoying my time doing what I do, and will no doubt be hugging the hotwater bottle again as the temperature is dropping slowly.

I'm still hanging out with a neighbour called Denni. I wouldn't exactly call him a friend as he is very needy, and clearly has mental health issues from long term alcohol abuse.. He's also on the worst diet I've witnessed for some time, and seems to eat little other than chicken wings, chicken liver and bread with salami..

He's the guy that introduced me to the golf ball thing, as he has been selling balls for many many years already..

We go looking for golf balls together sometimes.


A view of Kveta from the sea (I enjoyed a quick swim)

It's Amelia's birthday tomorrow. I made her a short video of myself as a present.. Honestly, I think I've been a pretty lousy uncle so far.. My brother has so many children I've lost count of them and would have trouble remembering their names, although I might succeed... I've had little to do with him, or his kids (most of who are adults already, and one at least has children of her own) for many years already. I sometimes wonder if we will ever really see each other again.

I'd certainly like to keep in touch with my sister and her family, and see them again soon, but this whole present, birthday, card thing I am not at all good at.

In fact the only people I keep in touch with on a pretty regular basis are my parents who I try to call once a week..


Zoomed in on Kveta


The pictures above were all taken yesterday.

Peace and hugs,
Mango.

0 comments