My Mondays..

Posted by Fruitarian Mango | 8.9.09

On Monday mornings, I drive out to Daceyville..

The Cottage Garden I work at
This is the cottage garden

Only takes me between 10 and 15 minutes to get there, and once there, I do an hour or 2 of gardening with Dulcey.. She's this elderly lady who owns a small cottage there, and each year she enters into one of those cottage garden competition things.

I've been helping her with her garden these past months, to get ready for this years competition and the images here I took yesterday..

Pink flower
Pink flower in Dulcey's garden

As you can see, the flowers are in full bloom right now..

Each ear, she gets rid of most of her flowers and turns the garden over ready for the next year, which's what I was doing there to begin with, and then planting all the new flowers..

She normally wins, and has done for the past decade or so, except last year she came 2nd.. She is getting on in years, and finds it difficult to work as much as she used to, so that's where I came into her life..

yellow flower
Yellow flower in Dulcey's garden

After Dulceys' I often walk across the road to another woman called Carmen, and do a little gardening for her too, but I prefer working with Dulcey as she's more hands on than Carmen..

3 comments
  1. Julie Groenewald September 8, 2009 at 4:50 PM  

    Dear Mango

    This is awesome!!Those flowers are beautiful. You are doing such a wonderful job helping her out.

    Keep smiling!

    Jules♥

  2. Fruitarian Mango September 10, 2009 at 3:41 PM  

    Thanks Jules!
    gardening is fun, and her garden is multicolourful right now. Kveta and I took heaps of pictures of it yesterday in full bloom. Beautiful.
    hug,
    mango.

  3. Julie Groenewald January 9, 2010 at 6:47 AM  

    That is just awesome♥ Did you put those photos up yet on your blog/journal? Would love to see them. I guess now she will miss you now that you guys haved moved.

    Keep well!

    Jules♥ from SA.
    www.julieshealthjournal.blogspot.com